1. Either John't family or his relative the special banquet.
A. attends B. attend C. are attending √D. has attended
2. All that is not gold.
A. glitter √B. glitters C. glittering D. glittered
3. All but Sam and me going to the exhibition this evening.
√A. are B. is C. am D. be
4. Although the first part of the book appears easy，the rest rather difficult.
√A. is B. was C. are D. be
5. My old pants have been thrown away，and I have bought .
A. some new one B. some new pair √C. a new pair D. a new one
注：a pair of pants；some pairs of pants
6. They accumulated information before designing the new type machine.
A. a great many √B. vast amount of C. a number of D. many a
7. The Smiths are so happy today because they have bought .
A. many furnitures B. so much furnitures
√C. many pieces of furniture D. many a furniture
8. Each man and woman to turn to the bishop for help.
√A. is B. are C. be D. were
9. What we are learning the standard English language.
√A. is B. are C. has D. were
10. Many a girl dancing at the center of the hall.
A. are √ B. is C. be D. am
Many a …用单数；
11. You ought to have asked Louis about that， .
A. haven't you B. hadn't you √C. oughtn't you D. didn't you
12. The number of students in this college this year.
A. are increased B. have been increased
√C. has been increased D. is increased
13. Nobody but Smith and John in the laboratory yesterday.
A. are B. were √C. was D. had
14. Neither Bill nor his parents at home today.
A. is √B. are C. stayed D. has
Neither …nor… Either…or……
Not only…but also … Not…but…
15. Dr. smith together with his wife and two sons to arrive this evening.
A. are B. are going C. will be √ D. is
16. A new television series that they can and should think about career development.
A. teach handicapped children B. taught handicapped children
√C. teaches handicapped children D. teaching handicapped children
series单复数相同；信号词为A new …。
17. I ，who one of your sincere friends，will try my best to help you out of this trouble.
A. be B. are √C. am D. is
18. At the rail station a soldier and two young ladies on their way to New York.
A. was B. is C. be √D. are
19. Ninety-three million miles from the Earth to the Sun a long distance.
A. seem √B. seems C. seeming D. seem to be
20. That singer and dancer our evening party.
A. are to attend √B. is to attend C. were to attend D. is attended
21. You'd prefer some whisky， ？
√A. wouldn't you B. shouldn't you C. hadn't you D. didn't you
you'd rather =you would rather；you'better =you had better；I'like =I had like
22. I haven't seen your before， ？
√A. have I B. hadn't I C. hasn't I D. had I
23. Someone borrowed my umbrella， ？
A. didn't he √B. didn't they C. did he D. didn't they
24. There is much room for further improvement in your plan， ？
A. is there √B. isn't there C. are there D. aren't there
25. You don't mind if I smoke， ？
A. did you √B. do you C. would D. shall you
26. I am not happy， ？
√A. am I B. am not I C. aren't D. I am not
27. You'd be sorry for what your have done， ？
A. hadn't you B. should you √C. shouldn't you D. wouldn't you
28. There used to be some green at this spot， ？
√A. didn't there B. used there C. wasn't there D. did there
29. You ought to take the lead in the group， ？
√A. shouldn't you B. wouldn't you C. should you D. would you
30. Pass me the coffee please， ？
√A. will you B. wouldn't you C. should you D. would you
31. Let's listen to the Easy F.M. on China Radio International， ？
A. do we B. don't we √C. shall we D. will we
32. No single woman could have done that， ？
√A. did it B. didn't it C. do it D. does it
33. No single woman could have done that， ？
A. could they B. couldn't they √C. could she D. couldn't she
34. We'd better not go to the Canyon， ？
√A. had we B. did we C. would't we D. didn't we
35. Nobody has phoned while I was not， ？
A. has he B. haven't they C. has't he √D. have they