1. no electronic computers，they could have been no satellites orrockets.
√A. Had there been B. If there were
C. Should there be D. If there are
2. Hardly had Professor Birch finished his speech the audiences started cheering.
A. as B. that C. since √D. when
否定词前置的倒装，如hardly，never，on no account，scarcely，in no case，no sooner，not until，not only，rarely，seldom，little 等；
3. Never such a marvelous place as the Great Wall before I got there.
A. did I see B. I had seen C. I saw √D. had I seen
4. On no account there.
A. you should go B. you must go
C. had you to go √D. must you go
5. ，Sam would have been able to pass the exam.
A. If he studies more B. If he were studying to a greater degree
C. Studying more √D. Had he studies more
6. Scarcely had they settled themselves in their seats in the theater the curtain went up.
A. than B. before √C. when D. as
7. In no case indicate any depgree of difference in the legal status of husband and wife.
A. the documents will B. will be documents
C. the documents should √D. do the documents
8. had he gone to sleep that the telephone rang once more.
A. As soon as √B. No sooner C. Hardly D. Scarcely
9. a certain doubt among the students as to the necessity of the work.
A. It existed √B. There existed C. They had D. There had
10. Not until the year of 1954 made the capital of this province.
A. the city was √B. was the city
C. when the city was D. was when the city
11. He will not be to vote in this year's election.
√A. old enough B. as old enough C. enough old D. enough old as
12. Were it not for friction，we to walk on this planet of our own.
√A. would not be able B. should not have been able
C. were not able D. are not able
13. will Mr. Forbes be able to regain control of the company.
A. With hard work B. In spite of his hard work
C. Only if he works hardly √D. Only with hard work
14. Not did she refuse to speak to Jim，but also she decided never to see him again.
A. even √B. only C. at all D. always
15. So badly in the accident that Smarton was delayed in the howpital for treatment.
A. did he injure B. he injured √C. was he injured D. he was injured
16. On no account to anyone else.
A. my name must not be mentioned √B. must my name not be mentioned
C. must my name not mention D. my name must not mention
17. Had Christina arrived 5 minutes earlier，she the train.
A. would catch B. could catch
√C. could have caught D. would be able to catch
18. I shouted at the top of my voice did Lily turn her head.
A. Until √B. Not until C. It was not until D. Only until
19. Rarely such a silly thing.
A. I heard of B. have heard I of
√C. have I heard of D. have heard of I
20. do we suspect that this district is rich in mineral resources.
√A. Little B. A little C. Few D. A few
21. Seldom any mistakes during my past five years of service here.
A. made I √B. did I make C. should I make D. would I make
22. So little that the meighbors couldn't settle their differences.
√A. did the agree B. agree did they C. they agree D. they did agree
23. They thought it question to ask.
A. too difficult B. a too difficult
C. too a difficult √D. too difficult a
24. “Have you ever seen any thing like that before？” “No， .”
A. I never have seem anything like that before
B. never I have seen anything like that before
√C. never have I seen anything like that before
D. I have seen anything like that before
25. Only by diligence and honesty .
√A. can one succeed in life B. one can succeed in life
C. one will be succeeded in life D. can one be succeeded in life
26. Only by diligence and honesty .
√A. So great was her love B. Such great love she was
C. So great he love was D. Such great her love was
27. Many a time me good advice.
A. my teacher gave B. has given my teacher
C. my teacher has given √D. has my teacher given