1. We surely desire that the tour leader us immediately of any change in the travel schedules.
√A. inform B. informs C. informed D. has informed
2. Look at the terrible trouble I your advice！
A. follow √B. had followed C. would follow D. have followed
3. I wish go to the movie with you tonight，but I have to finish myhomework then.
A. I can √B. I could C. I will D. I would
4. available，we would certainly have sent him to the meeting.
A. John was B. Wasn't John √C. Had John been D. John had been
5. I would have come sooner but I that you were waiting.
A. haven't known B. hadn't known √C. didn't know D. have known
6. If you had told me in advance，I him at the airport.
√A. would have met B. would meet C. had met D. met
7. Everybody has arrived. It's time we the meeting.
A. would start B. had started C. shall start √D. started
8.Tony does not dare to leave the house in case .
A. he will recognize √B. he should be recognized
C. he is recognized D. he recognizes
9. Franklin looked as though he ill for a long time.
A. was B. were C. has been √D. had been
10. I'd rather you about it for the time being.
A. don't think √B. didn't think
C. would not think D. had not thought
11. It is necessary that Mark in time to attend the meeting.
√A. come B. came C. comes D. will come
12. Tom is working hard for fear that he .
A. fell behind B. may fall behind
√C. should fall behind D. would fall behind
13. It is imperative that Hurst wood to hospital at once.
A. is taken B. shall be taken √C. should be taken D. must be taken
14. The driver looked over the engine carefully lest it on the way.
A.breaks down B. broke down
C. would break down √D. should break down
15. tomorrow，I ivory would surely be welcome.
A. If she comes B. When she comes
C. Would break down √D. Should break down
16. It is highly desirable that a new chairman for the committee.
A. will be elected B. is elected C. elect √D. be elected
17. Kitty talks as if she on the spot.
A. is √B. were C. has been D. be
18. I didn't go to the concert. But I do wish I there.
A. was √B. had been C. were D. went
19. It is requested that every student a plan for the nest semester.
A. makes √B. make C. will make D. would make
20. The librarian recommended that the professor the newly published books.
√A. borrow B. borrowed C. should have borrowed D. borrowing
21. Even if she there，Margaret could not have done anything either.
A. were B. was being C. be √D. had been
22. I don't think it advisable that Darcy the job as a secretary since he has no experience.
√A. be assigned B. will be assigned
C. is assigned D. has been assigned